ALA’S position as to the creation of a commission to look into the Common Law Lawyers’ Problems by the Government of Cameroon.
At an emergency meeting of Mamfe Lawyers Association (MALA) held today the 24th December 2016 and presided over by the Vice President on a one item agenda to wit: The Prime Ministerial Commission constituted to look into the problems of Cameroon Common Law Lawyers, the following resolutions were arrived at:
1) MALA notes with utmost dismay the traditional divide and rule method of the government exhibited in the constitution of the commission which leaves out two of our four leaders particularly the presidents of FAKLA and MELA from the commission. MALA’S position is that the two leaders left out be included.
2) That the leaders of the four Associations should meet immediately and come out with a resolution on the issue.
3) We see bad faith on the side of government by choosing to select from our ranks those to speak for us instead of asking the Common Law Lawyers to build its delegation to the talks.
4) That Yaounde as a venue for the talks is inappropriate. Buea or Bamenda should be the venue (Buea is more central).
6) That Barr. Amazee Anthony and the wife Manka’a included in the commission had exhibited their stance, which is unhealthy to the Common Law Lawyers nd that they should be unconditionally, excluded from the commission as they cannot speak the minds of Cameroon Common Law Lawyers.
7) That the flooding of the commission with a number of francophone Lawyers, when the problems are strictly Anglophone, is a bad signal.
8) That the two leaders who have been invited to the commission should attend the commission on the first day ONLY to raise a preliminary objection articulating the above points and then stage a walkout.
9) That the issues as of now are no longer peculiar to Lawyers and so the consortium be put at the fore-front of every discussion with
On Done at Mamfe this 24th day of December 2016
J.N. Ntuiabane, esq
Vice President MALA
MAMFE LAWYERS OFFICE OF THE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT (MALA)
MOTTO: UNITY, LEGALITY AND CO-OPERATION
P. O BOX 406 MANIFE
RECOGNIZED BY PREFECTORAL DECISION N G. 38/C64/Y01-8/A2/SITCA/2430F 301.” OCTOBER 2013